1. All-female music collectives are leading the way to positive change
Mixmag published an article about gender equality in the music industry and how all-female collectives are leading the way towards positive change.
2. Women are underrepresented in music and audio
PSN Europe reported that after analysing the Billboard Hot 100 chart and 2018’s Grammy nominations, a study by USC’s Annenberg Inclusion Initiative found that women are underrepresented in music and audio.
3. Suzanne Smith to leave PPL PRS
Music Week reported that PPL PRS MD Suzanne Smith has stepped down. They are currently looking for someone to permanently take-over the role and Christine Geissmar, COO at PPL, has replaced her in the interim.
4. AIM (Association of Independent Music) announced a three day conference
AIM have recently announced a three day conference, AIM Connected, which will take place on 1-3 April at Studio Spaces in London. It will see them combine their Indie-Con, Music Connected and Women in Music events into one “all-new landmark conference.”
5. SheSaid.So Alternative Power 100 Music List
Nominations for SheSaid.So Alternative Power 100 Music List opened this week. SheSaid.So have teamed up with AIM and have promised at least five of the nominees will be invited to appear on a panel or part of a talk at AIM Connected.