1. InChorus launch app to measure harassment in the music industry
InChorus Group is launching an app to measure bias and harassment in the music industry, reports Music Ally. The startup has also hired former Director of Diversity and Inclusion for Live Nation, Genevieve O’Neil, as its CMO.
2. Rolling Stones Manager leads new patrons for PRS Foundation Women Make Music Fund
Joyce Smyth, Rolling Stones Manager and Founder of Glastry, is to lead the new circle of patrons for the PRS Foundation Women Make Music Fund. Glastry are also offering pro bono management support to three early stage music creators supported by the fund.
3. Only 17% of PRS (Performing Rights Society) members are female songwriters
CMU reported that PRS’ latest membership figures show that only 17% of their total membership are female songwriters, however 42% of members under 20 identify as female.
4. More Women Are Buying tickets for live music events
Ticketing platform Skiddle have released data showing that women are buying a record number of tickets to live music events reported IQ Mag.
5. Annie Lennox launches Global Feminism initiative
The Line of Best Fit reported that Annie Lennox has launched a short film explaining her new Global Feminism initiative in partnership with Apple Music. ‘Global Feminists believe in equality of rights, with empowerment and justice made available for every woman and girl in every corner of the world.‘