1. Yourope finds young women were the largest audience demographic in 2018
European music festival association, Yourope, has published the results of its 2018 members survey, and has found that young women were the largest audience demographic. Read more on IQ Mag.
2. MEPS back copyright directive including controversial Article 13 (renamed article 17)
MEPs approved the new copyright directive on 26 March Music Week reported.
3. Avicii family launch foundation to help people with mental health issues
DJ Avicii’s family have launched the Tim Bergling Foundation in memory of the 28-year-old who passed away last year. The foundation will support people and organisations in the field of mental illness and suicide prevention.
4. Spain lead music censorship rankings in 2018
Freemuse’s State of Artistic Freedom report has found that Spain has jailed more artists than authoritarian regimes in other countries.
5. BASCA changes name to The Ivors Academy
BASCA (British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors) have relaunched as The Ivors Academy, after the appointment of Graham Davies as Interim CEO for a further year.