1. Major labels release gender pay gap figures
Major UK record labels have released their gender pay gap figures for 2018. Figures show a slight improvement but still a long way to go. Read more on Music Week.
2. Kobalt launch [Mis]Conceptions: Women In The Mix
Kobalt have launched [Mis]Conceptions: Women In The Mix, where they sit down with some of Kobalt’s influential songwriters and producers to explore their creative processes including challenges and criticisms. Watch the first episode on AWAL.
3. Shesaid.so announce their Alternative Power 100 Music List 2019 honourees
4. Flexx launch new womxn in music podcast
Flexx, originally started as a networking event for women in music, have launched a womxn in music podcast, Flexxcast, on both Spotify and Apple Music. In the first episode Flexx founders Jamz Supernova and Amy Collins interview Laura Lukanz.
5. Lykke Li announces all female line up music festival YOLA
YOLA Festival, organised by Swedish artist Lykke Li, will see an all female identifying line up in June at LA Historic Park including Courtney Love, Charlie XCX and Cupcakke.