1. MMF and FAC request clarification of PRS admin rates increase
In response to PRS for Music’s recent announcement of an admin rates increase, MMF (Music Managers Forum) and FAC (Featured Artist’s Coalition) have asked for clarification on the dramatic increase of rates for songwriters royalties from overseas.
2. Women In Live Music survey
Women In Live Music are currently collecting data on women who are working, studying or have been working in the live music industry. You can complete the survey over on Survey Monkey.
3. Youtube CEO Susan Wojcicki releases statement including comment on EU Copyright Directive
Music Week analyses YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki’s statement including comment on the EU Copyright Directive (Article 17 – previously Article 13).
4. A radical solution to Spotify’s biggest issues
Rolling Stone reporter Tim Ingham explores how the music industry’s issues with Spotify could be solved.
5. Help Musicians due to release compilation to fundraise for Music Minds Matter
Help Musicians UK is set to release a compilation, Smoke Rainbows, to help raise funds for its mental health service Music Minds Matter reported CMU.