1. PRS for Music appoints new CEO
PRS for Music has appoint a new CEO, Andrea C. Martin, who has previously worked with a variety of organsations including Readers Digest Association, Royal Mail and ADT Canada. Read more in M Magazine.
2. London venue The Borderline to close
It was big news this week when DHP announced that London-based Soho venue The Borderline is to close. First opened in 1980s, The Borderline has seen a number of big acts perform on its stage including Amy Winehouse. Read more in NME.
3. Grassroots venues support available from Arts Council and Music Venue Trust
CMU reported that Arts Council and Music Venue Trust have new funds and support available for grassroots venues tech set-ups and other facilities.
4. Gender balance festival in Sweden
Swedish Music festival Way Out West have achieved a 50/50 gender split for the third year running, announcing Solange as a final headliner IQ Mag reported.
5. The BRIT Trust celebrates 30th birthday
The BRIT Trust has just celebrated its 30th birthday and has raised £26.5 million for a range of charities since it was set up in 1989. Read more on Music Week.