1. Innovation Award for PRS Keychange
The PRS Foundation’s Keychange campaign, where they are encouraging music festival organisers to reach a 50/50 gender balance for their line ups by 2022, has been awarded an Innovation Award at Classical: Next conference. Read more over on Music Week.
2. Sexual harassment in Indian music industry
A new report, by Indian-American singer-songwriter Amanda Sodhi, has found that nearly 70% of Indian women in the music industry have experienced some form of sexual harassment. Read more on Radio and Music.
3. 2019 Ivor Novello Awards winners announced
The 2019 Ivor Novello songwriter awards have been announced including Mariah Carey and Dido. Find the list of winners on Billboard.
4. Mental health guide for dance music community launched by AFEM
AFEM (Association For Electronic Music) have launched a mental health guide for the dance music community providing advice for artists, DJs and mangers CMU reported.
5. UK music festival ticket sales slower than expected
IQ Mag have reported that ticket sales for UK music festivals are slower than expected, this is attributed to factors including economic uncertainty.